Here’s a fun one, that holds true after low these many months. The title of this thread was “DOH! I’m not doing that again!’ : Your personal Top Five DON’T do’s…??
1. Don’t let non-writer friends read it before it is done. Only other writers know how to read and comment on a WIP.
2. Don’t rely on self-editing!!! I still burn red with shame when I think of the condition my book was in when I first hit publish.
3. Don’t send it to a traditional publisher! Why waste time waiting that could be spent selling on Kindle? (Do what you need to do. This is what I need to do!)
4. Don’t stop doing the laundry to make more writing time. Eventually you will get writers block which I find easier to handle if I am not naked.
5. Don’t go it alone. Us crazies need to stick together.